A special message from Jill about Covid-19
Well, what a tumultuous time to be in travel! As I write this, the Coronavirus situation is changing almost hour-by-hour but I’m still looking forward to our future tours. It’s important to stay positive as history has shown us these events will pass.
I know that any of you who have booked on one of my tours or who were thinking about doing so, will be wondering what happens next.
First of all, you have my, along with Moray and James (the owner-operator of House of Travel Riccarton with whom I work with in partnership) that we will always put your health, safety and well-being first and that these factors will be foremost in the decisions we make about up-coming tours.
As you know, much of what is happening now in the travel-world is beyond our control – ie countries closing borders (land, sea and air) and airlines reducing their schedules.
Please keep in mind:
- We will be in touch if required to let you know the status of tours you may be booked on if there is any change.
- We are still in the planning stages for future tours both those already scheduled for 2021 and even some exciting plans for 2022.
- I am very, very thankful to be in partnership with House of Travel Riccarton as between us we have the resources, the back-up, the flow of sound, detailed information, the resolve and the enthusiasm to work through this crisis so that we can continue to deliver you my exciting, unique and memorable tours. I might not be going too far beyond Leeston at present but believe me my ideas are already in flight!
2020 tour update – tour by tour!
- My Romania and the Balkans tour, scheduled for May, is now postponed until next year, likely to be early May with a backup of September 2021. Everyone who has been booked on this tour has been contacted by Moray (and I’ll be catching up with you soon!)
- My Pamir Highway tour departing NZ on June 30 is still all go with final payment now deferred to 16 April.
- My Brazil tour in August is still being advertised as is Greek Island Hopping in September and bookings are still coming in for my two Ethiopia departures in October and November so at present it is absolutely business as usual with these tours (there are only a few places left for Ethiopia) and also for the New Year in Europe tour due to depart New Zealand on December 26 2020.
If any of these tours has to be cancelled at a later date, Moray will be in contact with an update and your options.